The role of the Export and Business Development Manager consists of defining the commercial strategy to penetrate new markets, building an export customer database in line with current and future product portfolio. The role also consists of securing new markets and brands within the company.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Build the Company’s business development strategy developing a coherent and consistent long-term plan to guarantee future business success.
- Identify new opportunities in Lebanon and the region to expand the Company's portfolio and become a key player in the region.
- Lead the pitching process following the validation of the feasibility study with the key stakeholders.
- Ensure a smooth transition to concerned Business Managers once the bidding is successful.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and market trends.
- Promote the Company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives.
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to related country law-established rules and guidelines.
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Participate in the definition of the price (Pricelist Issuance), analyze the competition. marketing/commercial activities, in order to meet internal margins target and to be aligned with the brand pricing strategy.
- Set and update the yearly business plan/brand, to achieve the required sales growth.
- Conduct market analysis defining the sales goals aiming to increase market share.
- Work closely with the Brand Managers to ensure implementation, monitoring and follow up of all marketing guidelines and sales activities of the brand(s).
- Prepare and consolidate the operational department budget incorporating all CAPEX and OPEX needed for target achievements.
- Assess and ensure new product market penetration as per the preset objectives.
- Prepare 3 years sales strategy per country per product portfolio.
- Initiate contact with potential distributors.
- Appoint distributors in new markets.
|Job Location:||Beirut, Lebanon|
We are working with a world-renown multinational company for an exciting career opportunity. Our client, a global leader in bringing delicious, quality food products, is looking for a stellar Business Development Manager to lead their business initiatives in Bahrain and the Levant region.
As a Business Development Manager, you will:
- Develop and execute strategic sales and business development initiatives in support of business goals
- Achieve financial goals in the areas of sales, profit, operating income, and market share
- Collaborate closely with internal departments (e.g. Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance) in executing marketing strategies
- Lead the delivery of in-store/channel strategies
- Ensure delivery of sales goals though own team and/or distributor team
- Recruit, manage, develop, and train sales and distribution team
- Generate reports and present them to senior management
Desirable skills and background:
- MBA preferred, with at least 6 years' experience in Sales, Traditional Trade, Business Development, in an FMCG environment
- Proven success in distributor management and managing teams
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain, Logistics, and Finance
- Senior-level verbal and written communication skills
- Arabic speaker (preferred but not a must)
In return for your hard work and success, the company is willing to pay an attractive tax-free salary, along with great benefits.
If you feel you have what it takes to become part of this successful company, then please apply with an up to date CV
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.