Upload Your Resume and find a job in Dubai City! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟May 6, 2014
Under the supervision of the Child Protection Program Manager, the Child Protection Deputy Manager is responsible for ensuring effective case management interventions focusing on Street and Working Children according to IRC approach. He/she will be responsible for the overall integrated case management, support and supervise the team of case workers, and Outreach Officer, establishing/maintaining referral networks and coordinating with key stakeholders working in East Amman.
- Supervise and provide technical support to the Child Protection case workers ensuring that overall case management system is implemented according to Child Protection Standard Operating Procedures in Jordan;
- Schedule and supervise weekly case management meetings with the team of case workers and share the meeting minutes with the team;
- Conduct weekly 1 to 1 supervision meeting with the Child Protection team to review work progress, provide technical advice on Child Protection cases, outreach activities and psychosocial support;
- Identify staff gaps and training needs in order to strengthen the capacity of the case workers and ensure high quality of case management services;
- Monitor staff work load to ensure it remains manageable, provide support when required and report challenges to Child Protection Manager.
- Monitor timescales for response, decision-making, placement, follow-up (home visits) and review accordingly;
- Ensure that the team has a clear schedule and reporting process;
- Supervise the Outreach Officer and support with the implementation of community engagement activities including monitoring the scheduling of daily/weekly visits to the community.
- Ensure that biweekly meeting are held with the Outreach team and share the minutes of meeting with the Child Protection team.
- Facilitate/co-facilitate capacity building/training events for the Outreach team.
- Ensure that regular meetings are held with the community members and leaders, local committees, and local NGO.
- Develop procurement plan for the component’s needs and share regularly with the CP Program Officer.
- Monitor the positive parenting skills and awareness sessions.
- Support in the development of Case Management (CM) SOP, referral pathway, data protocol and information sharing.
- Ensure that the Case Management activities are in line with the CM SOP.
- In close collaboration with the CP Program Officer, ensure a smooth system of capturing information required for the Child Protection Information Management System (CPIMS).
- Participate in the development of psychosocial material (PSS) adapted to the context and different PSS level for children and for parents.
- Be the focal point with IRC partners, ensure the clear communication and support in service delivery of CP activity.
- As requested, undertake/participate in liaison, coordination, and information sharing activities with national NGOs, international organizations, donors and government.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Child Protection Program Manager
Position directly supervises: Child Protection Case Workers, Child Protection Outreach Officer.
Indirect Reporting: Snr. Integrated Protection Coordinator.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: coordinate with other departments to ensure effective referrals and exchange of information (WPE, ERD, Health, and Match).
External: Service providers in East Amman