We are free of charge but before you start please donate $5 to help others! Help us. Make a Difference.
Helping others is the first step in making the world a better place and improving the lives of those who aren’t as lucky as you. But it’s also shown to bring about a wealth of benefits for those who choose to help and might just be the key to happiness! We are helping all over the world.
The Cost Control Engineer coordinates in all aspects of the cost capturing, monitoring and forecasting effort for their assigned project with proper documentation. Ensures in delivering the complete suite of cost-control services and financial support for projects. This position maintains the project cost information, and with the Project Controls Lead shall oversee variations and revisions to existing budgets.
Job Responsibilities 1
\[ Monitor, control and report on projects in terms of cost history and forecast
\[ Maintain planned and actual cost and commitment schedules.
\[ Maintains internal labor and project costs to allocated budget.
Creates Budget Transfer Requests as directed by the project teams
Job Responsibilities 2
1. Implements approved departmental policies and procedures and ensures adherence with the processes implemented so that work is carried out in a controlled manner.
\[ Receives no more than 5 ncrs per month and ensure there resolution 100% within 10 days
\[ Manages cost control on site and be able to complete and confirm all works with a minimum billing of 30 m qr / month
2. Monitors daily operations assigned for the cost control to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures.
\[ Process and Approve MR, PO, S/C Agreement, PC, SRV, SIV within 10 Working Hrs of their creation.
3. Develops cost structures for all activities, ensuring the agreement with the allocated budgets, plans and accurately assigning costs to designated items to provide better means for controlling day-to-day activities.
\[ Daily verifications of the cost allocation of transaction to cost codes and reallocating as needed within 10 working Hrs of the entry time.
\[ Visits the Sites at least once weekly to verify the progress measurements
\[ Uploads the verified BCWP into the ERP System no later than 1 days after the Cut of Date
4. Maintains internal labor and project costs to allocated budget and flag deviations to project management.
\[ Be able to reflect the workforce Productivity report and Man-hour trends and include in MJCR
5. Performs cost analysis and advises management on cost over-runs. Works with computerized databases to manage deviations and minimize costs.
\[ Produces the Weekly Job Cost Report within 3 Days from the end of the week
\[ Assists in the Production of the Monthly Job Cost Report and achieve it within 15 days from the end of the month
6. Monitors and reviews accounts to ensure timely invoicing is done in an efficient manner.
\[ Reviews submitted client invoices and studies the variance from realistic values by producing Over/Under Invoicing calculations within 3 days from the end of the month
7. Observes with all relevant safety, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
\[ Receives no more than 1 ncrs per month across all projects, related to QA or HSE.
8. Creates Budget Transfer Requests as directed by the project teams and provide feedback on alternative methods of construction
\[ Provides accurate calculations of budget transfer and achieve no more than 10% correction at final approval stage
Job Knowledge & Skills
\[ Knowledge of cost control packages such as CCS (Candy) will be a distinct advantage
\[ Knowledge in the use of MS Project, Primavera Scheduling
\[ Knowledge in project cost planning, scheduling and reporting
Knowledge on Quality Management System
Total 11 year(s) On Job 5 year(s) GCC 3 year(s)
Agility – Developing
Demonstrates Resilience – Developing
Cultivating Loyalty &
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Company Industry:||General Engineering Consultancy|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|