We are free of charge but before you start please donate $5 to help others! Help us. Make a Difference.
Helping others is the first step in making the world a better place and improving the lives of those who aren’t as lucky as you. But it’s also shown to bring about a wealth of benefits for those who choose to help and might just be the key to happiness! We are helping all over the world.
As it easy as it may sound, changing a light bulb is not a laughing matter specially if god forbid you receive an electric shock while doing it or a bulb has broken in the base and needs to be removed before replacement with a new bulb. Lets learn how to safely change a light bulb.
Basic Tips for Changing a Light Bulb
Now lets begin with the process of changing a bulb. First off always check the correct wattage of the bulb in compatibility with the fixtures in place. Most fixtures are stamped with an instructional label, like “Caution: To reduce the risk of fire, use a 60-watt type A or smaller lamp.” This instruction label shows the maximum amount of wattage a fixture can hold. Do not ignore the instructions as it is found by the US Fire Administration that approx. 30000 electrical fires per annum are caused by light bulbs that are incompatible with the fixtures and are too hot for them.
PPM & Bulb Replacement
- If the bulb is out of reach, get a ladder to reduce the risk of a fall.
- To ensure safety, turn off the power at the fuse box.
- Make sure the light bulb has cooled down before touching it.
- Twist the light bulb counter-clockwise to release it from the socket.
- Align the replacement bulb in the socket and turn it clockwise until fixed tightly. Do not try to over-tighten the bulb as the glass is delicate and it can easily shatter in your hands.
- Safely dispose of the old bulb.
Removing a broken bulb from a socket
- Turn off the power at the fuse box.
- Place an old blanket or a towel on the floor to catch any shards of broken glass.
- Put on a pair of leather gloves to protect your hands, and wear a pair of eye goggles if you’re doing this electrical repair on an overhead fixture.
- Insert a pair of needle-nose pliers as far into the base of the broken light bulb as you are able.
- Rotate the pliers counter-clockwise. If you lose your grip, simply start again and continue turning until the base is released.
HiTech FM is one of the top MEP Companies in Dubai & ElectroMechancial Companies in Dubai offering services such as Electrical Services in Dubai, Plumbing Services in Dubai, Painting Services in Dubai, Commercial HVAC Preventive Maintenance, , AC duct cleaning Dubai, AC repair services in Dubai, , handyman services, Annual Maintenance Contracts and many more. With strict adherence to international standards we deliver professional and high-quality services. At HiTech FM, a home maintenance company in Dubai we make lives easier. If you are facing any of the above issues feel free to contact us. We are just a call away – Call Us +971 50 22 33 864.
The post DIY Electrical Repair: How to Safely Change a Light Bulb appeared first on Maintenance Company in Dubai.