We are free of charge but before you start please donate $5 to help others! Help us. Make a Difference.
Helping others is the first step in making the world a better place and improving the lives of those who aren’t as lucky as you. But it’s also shown to bring about a wealth of benefits for those who choose to help and might just be the key to happiness! We are helping all over the world.
The MSL serves to advance science and standards of care for patients, healthcare providers and payers, and ensure they can access all the practical and clinically relevant information and solutions they need to use the company’s products efficiently and safely.
Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) (see Note 1 below) are key members of the medical department. They are responsible for developing and implementing customer facing medical strategies and have a primary liaison role to the medical and scientific community. MSLs are responsible for engaging Customers, including HCPs, in non-promotional medical and scientific discussions regarding all on-market and in-development company products, including those that have been in-licensed, or on topics relating to disease states. The role of the MSL is to interact significantly with external customers in a non-HQ office based setting (i.e. in the field).
- Communicate and inform on complex scientific and medical information on disease areas in which the company is involved, and on our products; to support the safe, effective and appropriate use of the company medicines. MSLs develop professional and credible medical/scientific relationships with customers (Healthcare Professionals, Payers, and the like) and external experts of strategic importance to the company.
- Serve as a point of contact within the Medical Affairs team for external experts in order to understand and meet unmet medical needs in a therapeutic area and, when requested, relevant company medicines, support safe, effective and appropriate use of relevant company medicines.
- Develop medical material and/or provide medical review of material to be presented or shared with HCPs, individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.).
- Participate in the selection process to identify Key External experts the Company would wish to engage in collaborative efforts – such as potential research collaborations, or educational and advisory roles (Advisory Boards, Congresses, Symposia, etc.); while ensuring a high level of scientific or educational integrity in these collaborative efforts.
- Develop and implement territory medical plan.
- Support internal teams such as sales and marketing and members of the Country organization marketing teams to develop their scientific and technical expertise through the delivery of scientific trainings and updates. Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other in-field members while retaining functional independence.
- Ensure a strong medical and scientific presence of the company in key academic centers by gathering and internally communicating relevant opinions, expert knowledge, medical insights and R&D proposals from key stakeholders to inform, advance and potentially influence the strategic direction of medical affairs department and company.
- Act as the point of contact with external experts to facilitate investigator initiated study (IIS) ideas and requests for support to the local, regional and global medical teams as appropriate.
- Assist in the initiation, oversight and follow up of clinical studies and medical projects initiated within the therapeutic area for which the MSL carries responsibility (e.g. post marketing clinical activities such as registry/database projects, epidemiological surveys, post-authorization studies (phase IV), patient support programs…)
- Handle medical inquiries on products or therapy areas of interest to Sandoz and communicate any info regarding adverse events or quality issues to the relevant patient safely or quality responsible within appropriate timeframe.
- Facilitate medical and scientific field intelligence – for example, competitor research and medical strategies, educational activities – and communicate internally, where appropriate.
- Attend relevant scientific meetings and Conferences. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop summaries of key data and other scientifically relevant information to inform the company strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Upon request, assist physicians with requests for access to company medicines on a named patient or compassionate use basis, subject to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide key external experts and internal medical and clinical teams with scientific and technical support for publications of scientific or medical interest.
- Support new product launches
- Ensure that all activities and interactions are conducted with due regard to all applicable local, global and national laws, regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, Company policies and accepted standards of best practice.
- Ensure pre-launch and launch excellence by providing education on the clinical evidence and how to use company products within clinical practice, segmentation and mapping of key external experts and implementation of the launch medical plan in alignment with the cross-functional launch readiness team which supports the product’s future commercial success.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|