The Construction Project Manager will work on behalf of Parsons and the Employer with responsibilities including:
– Acts as the representative of Parsons with the Employer and Contractor during the project execution. Represents the Employer in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings.
– Oversees the maintenance of the Project Execution Plan, Site-Specific Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
– The selected candidate shall have experience in and will be expected to monitor the performance of the Supervision Consultant and inform the Project Director of any concerns or failings identified with their performance that may affect the successful delivery of the project as per the Employer’s requirements and Contract Specification.
– Monitor construction progress against the approved schedule, review the contractor’s monthly schedule updates and propose delay recovery measures where applicable, including the scope of Nominated Subcontractors to ensure coordination and execution is in line with Contract documentation.
– Chair weekly Contractor’s progress meetings; prepare minutes of meeting and follow up on actions.
– Review the contractor’s daily, weekly and monthly reports.
– Supervise the preparation of the Engineer’s Monthly Progress report and the
Prepare quarterly Project Management Reports and coordinate meetings.
– Review, approve and observe compliance with the contractor’s safety plans, quality control, and logistic plans.
– Carefully monitor all completion processes to prevent delay, including the following:
o Testing and commissioning on completion of systems
o Snagging and de-snagging schedules and performance
o Production of as-built drawings
o Production of compliant operation and maintenance manuals
o Supply of warranties and guarantees in the required format
o Timely delivery and handover of spare parts as provided for under the contract
Change Management –
– Coordinate the Main Contract and Subcontract scopes of work, amendments, and enforce the Project Change Management System. The Construction Project Manager is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders.
– Prepares and negotiates changes of scope of work with the Employer, Contractor, and key Subcontractors.
Works to devise and execute action plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays. Coordinates to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work; advise the Employer and company management of any such changes.
– Accurately record all delay events, proactively intervene to prevent, or mitigate, any delays to the site activities.
– Coordinate with the QA/QC Manager to ensure the implementation of Parsons QA/QC plan.
– Coordinate with the HSE Manager to ensure the implementation of HSE plans and emergency procedures. Inspect the construction site weekly with the Parsons HSE Manager and the Contractor’s safety representative.
|Job Location:||Manama, Bahrain|
|Job Role:||Civil Engineering|
|Company Industry:||Construction & Building|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
Almost everyone can apply for the Dubai Job Lottery! There are only two requirements to qualify for a UAE or Qatar Employment: Use the Dubai Visa Lottery to find out with just a few clicks if you qualify for the Employment Visa. Any foreign expat, who is not a UAE national, requires a residency visa to live and work in Dubai. With our lottery, you will win the Residency/Employment visa that allows you to work in Dubai!
If you win the job in Dubai you need to register your details.