UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for highly committed professionals wishing to make a change.
UNRWA’s strategic objectives
The mission of UNRWA is to help Palestine refugees achieve their full potential in human development under the difficult circumstances in which they live. In line with this mission, the Agency works towards five strategic outcomes: (a) Palestine refugee rights under international law are protected and promoted; (b) Palestine refugee health is protected and disease burden is reduced; (c) school-age children complete quality, equitable and inclusive basic education; (d) Palestine refugee capabilities are strengthened for increased livelihood opportunities; and (e) Palestine refugees are able to meet their basic human needs of food, shelter and environmental health. UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions.
Do you want to make a lasting difference?
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a tangible difference for one of the most vulnerable communities in the world, UNRWA would like to hear from you.
The main responsibilities include:
· Translating various documents from English into Arabic and vice versa for internal or external use as requested by the Director of Human Resources, specifically:
– Area Staff Rules and Regulations;
– Human Resources Department (HRD) circulars;
– New polices and initiatives;
– Personnel Directives;
– Area Staff Union (ASU) statements and minutes of meetings;
– Correspondences to and from (HRD);
– Training materials and presentations;
– Documents for appeals and grievances;
– Governmental documents and announcements;
– Documents requested from other HQ departments submitted through the Director of Human Resources/Human Resources Officer;
– Other documents and/or papers as requested by DHR or respective HR Sections;
· Acting as interpreter at official conferences, internal meetings, meetings of HR Director and HR Chiefs with external visitors such as: NGO representatives and government representatives; interpreting at training sessions and other official occasions related to area staff as requested;
· Being responsible for the regular posting and updating of Human Resources Department news and website content; regularly monitoring internal social media bringing issues with HR implications to the attention of HRD management and responding directly to HR recurrent issues;
· The incumbent will be required to travel in the Agency’s area of operations in the Middle East, and may be asked to travel outside the region;
· The incumbent may be expected to work beyond regular working hours.
Conditions of service
Monthly basic salary JD 1086.60. Plus special occupation allowance of 69.90% of the basic salary. Other benefits include monthly Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency), compulsory medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, and dependency allowance (if applicable).
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Non-profit Organization|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
Almost everyone can apply for the Dubai Job Lottery! There are only two requirements to qualify for a UAE or Qatar Employment: Use the Dubai Visa Lottery to find out with just a few clicks if you qualify for the Employment Visa. Any foreign expat, who is not a UAE national, requires a residency visa to live and work in Dubai. With our lottery, you will win the Residency/Employment visa that allows you to work in Dubai!
If you win the job in Dubai you need to register your details.